The Diverse Voices Project III, with up to $100,000 in co-production funding available to emerging filmmakers, is P.O.V.'s initiative to support stories about diverse communities. This co-production initiative is dedicated to supporting emerging filmmakers. Filmmakers with a prior national broadcast credit are not eligible for the Diverse Voices Project. Filmmakers who submit a film for DVP funding will be notified of the status of their submission in early spring 2009. The submission ARRIVAL deadline is October 31, 2008.
Films supported in prior rounds of DVP include:
- "Made in L.A." by Almudena Carracedo and Robert Bahar
- Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars by Zach Niles and Banker White
- Nerakhoun by Ellen Kuras and Thavisouk Prasavath
- "Flag Wars" by Linda Goode Bryant and Laura Poitras
- "American Aloha: Hula Beyond Hawai'i" by Lisette Marie Flanary and
- "90 Miles" by Juan Carlos Zaldívar
- "Soldados: Chicanos in Viet Nam" by Charley Trujillo and Sonya Rhee
- "The Sixth Section" by Alex Rivera and Bernardo Ruiz
Irene Villaseñor, Youth Views Manager
American Documentary, Inc. | P.O.V.
32 Broadway, 14th Floor,
(212) 989-8121, extension 319, (212) 989-8230-fax